How would you rank you and your child’s tooth brushing skills? As a habit that you should be practicing at least twice daily, would you say that you are doing a great job brushing your teeth as much as you should be? If you said yes, did you consider how well your toothbrush maintenance is for each session? Another important fact to consider is that even though many people take extra care to brush their teeth effectively, they fail to remember to take care of their toothbrush as well. Here are few tips to help you find and care for the perfect toothbrush both for yourself and one for your child:
– To avoid contamination, never share your toothbrush with anyone else, including your child, and vice versa.
– Never use a toothbrush past its point of wear, and replace it as required. Typically, you should replace your brush every 3-4 months with regular use, and sooner for your child’s brush.
– If you have issues or problems brushing effectively either due to a muscle ailment or old age, try switching to an electric toothbrush.
– Storing your toothbrush in an aired-out container is crucial to keep your brush safe from contamination due to mold, bacteria, and mildew.
– Select a toothpaste and toothbrush that is dentist-recommended or features the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– The proper fitting toothbrush is essential when it comes to your oral health care needs. Try selecting and implementing a toothbrush that can easily fit into your mouth. To avoid abrasion, use a toothbrush that comes with soft bristles.
If you would like to schedule a professional cleaning session for your child at Kyle Raymond, DDS, simply call our pediatric dentist office in Austin, Texas, at our number 512-732-0022. Dr. Kyle Raymond and our entire team await. We look forward to seeing your child smile!