Have you begun to notice symptoms of teething in your child? If so, it is of prime importance to help them deal with the sometimes-painful condition. Teething is completely natural in all children, as it is merely the process of teeth erupting up above the gum line. However, it can often cause uneasiness and pain for the child, so various treatment methods should be used. Teething can be painful, so help your child with these teething tips:
– Never use your finger as a soothing tool on a child’s gums unless it has been cleaned first.
– Teething can often be seen in the actions of a child, including extra fussiness and irritability, a loss of appetite, or even excessive drooling.
– If your child develops diarrhea, rashes, or fevers, consult their pediatrician as soon as possible.
– Never use teething tablets for children under two, unless given directly under the supervision of their pediatrician.
– Various tools and techniques can be given to help a teething child, including teething rings, soft music, gauze pads, or even cold spoons gently rubbed against their gum line.
To schedule an appoint for your child with Dr. Kyle Raymond and our team at Westlake Pediatric Dentistry, please call 512-732-0022 to set up a visit to our pediatric office in Austin, Texas. Your child’s health is our primary concern.