Do you know how dental sealants can benefit your smile and improve the quality of your life? Overall, they are designed to protect the surfaces of your molars from cavities, but there is more to it than that. Here are some of the advantages:
– Dental sealants can defend the surfaces of your teeth from harmful acids which would otherwise penetrate your tooth enamel.
– Dental sealants can reduce your chance of cavities by as much as 80%.
– A single dental sealant can provide long-lasting protection for up to a decade before needing to be replaced.
– Although sealants are not recommended for infants or young children, they can be placed in children as young as six. They are most beneficial for children who have just gotten all their permanent molars.
– Statistics report that your child is three times less likely to develop a cavity.
– Sealants will not interfere with the look of your teeth, as the sealants are applied with a completely clear coating.
If you would like to book an appointment with Westlake Pediatric Dentistry to get dental sealants, please call our dentist office at 512-732-0022. We are located in Austin, Texas. Dr. Kyle Raymond and all of our wonderful team look forward to doing our best to ensure your oral health remains terrific.